Save the Date:
Saturday June 2nd – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, at Syringa Plus (now ow co-located with Carol’s Collectibles Nursery in Swanville, Maine.) • Learn more about Carol’s and how to get there see Carol’s location here.
Free and open to the public. International Lilac Society New England membership is NOT required, and folks from all over the globe are welcome to attend.
Please reserve your space—your RSVP is welcome, but not required.
We will order lunch (pizza?) and have drinks available, or you can bring your own picnic.
• We hope for an informal gathering, to spend some time chatting about lilacs. We will be sharing info for beginners and for the advanced lilac enthusiast. Come to share and add to your lilac experiences. We are all students, learning to better grow our beloved lilacs.
• We will order sandwiches and have drinks available, or you can bring your own picnic.
• For more information and directions call Evie King 978-352-3301, or email email@example.com or Jack Alexander, ILS New England VP firstname.lastname@example.org.
****AUCTION: Lilac and garden related donations are welcome. This income helps to pay for the event.
Abut the Swanville/Belfast area:
The rural town of Swanville is right next door to Belfast–an artsy Penobscot Bay community. Belfast is a popular summer destination, has a fantastic downtown with a harbor walk and parks, rail trail, an active Garden Club, Farmers’ Markets, a food co-op and many galleries and shops. Belfast doesn’t get busy until school gets out for the year, yet it has all the amenities required to serve folks from “away”. Plenty of unique dining, a local brewery on the waterfront, bakeries, Museum in the Street, gorgeous gardens and old architecture and more for exploring.
Some public gardens of note in this part of Maine:
• University of Maine Lyle Littlefield Garden, nearly 2,500 cold hardy plants, including lilacs (of course), in Orono, Maine
• Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, Maine
• Asticou Azalea Garden in Northeast Harbor[caption id="attachment_528" align="aligncenter" width="950"] Carol Yee showing off a small portion of her Rhododendron collection, at Carol’s Collectibles Nursery, in Swanville, Maine, where Syringa Plus is co-located.[/caption]